Asphalt Shingles Roofing
Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing material in America, more than 70 percent of all single-family homes in the US are roofed with asphalt shingles because they’re effective in all environmental conditions. Upfront costs are lower than other materials, but you should expect to replace the shingles after about 20 years.
Some of the advantages of asphalt shingles over other roofing materials are: good fire protection, look good on most home styles, many design and color options, affordable, good wind rating, high-impact shingles available, easy and cost effective to repair.
Depending on your house, personal preferences and budget, there are three main asphalt shingle options:
- Most economical asphalt shingles
- Simple, one layer strip
- Most popular asphalt shingles
- More than one layer, also called laminated or three-dimensional shingles
- Elegant designer styles and colors to match your home and taste
- Heavyweight shingles that offer high performance impact resistance
Call for a FREE Quote
Find out more about roofing
- Does my roof need to be replaced?
- Should I repair or replace my roof?
- How important is having a good roof?
- Can I re-roof my house on my own?
- Can I add a second layer of shingles to my roof?
- How much does a new roof cost?
- How much value does a new roof bring to your home?
- What is the process for re-roofing my house?
- What are the main components of a roofing system?
- The importance of having a good roof deck
- Why is the roof underlayment so important?
- How important are roof flashings and what are the different types?
- Why is attic ventilation essential for a good roofing system?
- What types of roofing materials are available and what are the pros and cons of each?
- What are the top shingle manufacturers?
- How important is the warranty of workmanship and materials?
- How long does a new roof last?
- How to maximize the life of your roof?