Roof Size Calculator
Use our Roof Size Calculator to figure out the total net roof area using the roof plan dimensions and slope.
We recommend using the PitchFactor mobile app to determine your roof slope (or pitch), which is the number of inches of vertical rise of the roof over a horizontal distance of 12 inches; for example, a “4 in 12” roof has a slope that rises 4 inches over a 12-inch run.
Once you figure out the size of your roof, check out our Roof Price Calculator to see how much it might cost to get a new roof!
*For simplicity and illustration purposes, notice all roof planes have the same slopes and all hips & valleys are framed at 45 degrees with respect to the eaves.
Call for a FREE Quote
Find out more about roofing
- Does my roof need to be replaced?
- Should I repair or replace my roof?
- How important is having a good roof?
- Can I re-roof my house on my own?
- Can I add a second layer of shingles to my roof?
- How much does a new roof cost?
- How much value does a new roof bring to your home?
- What is the process for re-roofing my house?
- What are the main components of a roofing system?
- The importance of having a good roof deck
- Why is the roof underlayment so important?
- How important are roof flashings and what are the different types?
- Why is attic ventilation essential for a good roofing system?
- What types of roofing materials are available and what are the pros and cons of each?
- What are the top shingle manufacturers?
- How important is the warranty of workmanship and materials?
- How long does a new roof last?
- How to maximize the life of your roof?